Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day and Thank You!!!

Happy Memorial Day!!! And great big thanks to all of our men and women who are serving or severed in the military. We are grateful for all of your hard work!!!

Today Dana, Bailey, Grammy (my mother's mom) and I went down to Fort Logan National Cemetery, in the rain, to pay our respects to my grandfather. It was beautiful to see all the flags and flowers. We got there just as a ceremony was letting out so we got stuck in a horrible traffic jam, but it just gave us more time to look at the scenery. Even the rain didn't dampen the mood.

Bailey and her great-grandfather's headstone.

Rainy day girls!

Bailey's Aunt Jana ran in the Boulder Boulder in memory of Grampy. She did amazing. It only took her 1.5 hours. I would still be walking now! We are all so proud of her! I am happy that she is my friend and sister-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment