Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mommy's 4 day retreat

Jill got to spend 4 days in Austin for the Southwest Acupuncture Symposium.
I flew in Thursday afternoon and had time to explore the area.  Spring had sprung!  Everything was green and blooming.  The hotel was right on Lady Bird Lake (aka  Colorado
River) and had lots of park space and walking trails.
 The green grass with the purple blooms was just perfect!
 The view of downtown.
 Iris are one of my favorite flowers.
 This is the world famous "Bat Bridge".  Mid-April thousands of bat make their home in the spaces on the underside of the bridge.  At dusk they all fly out.  It is supposedly an amazing sight.
 The hotel I stayed at on 6th floor.
 Spring was so nice.
 The view from my room.

 Getting a pedicure was my only indulgence.  I sat in a cold boring hotel conference room from 7:30 - 5:00 on Friday and Saturday and from 7:30 - 12:00 on Sunday.  I got 25 CEU for all my time!
I did spend the rest of my free time curled up here reading, knitting and watching a few chick fliks.  I must admit that I took bubble baths and enjoyed eating hot food.  I missed Dana and the kids but LOVED LOVED LOVED my alone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment